Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitstoshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I need to make a full copy of a two-partition CD containing Windows and Mac formatted files. Any advice?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I suspect you need special software to do that...perhaps Toast. As an alternative, maybe you don't need both partitions to be on the same disk. Burn a Windows disc and a separate Mac disc.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You don't need special software. Just burn the files to disk. Put them in folders or however you'd like to identify them then click burn.

mitstoshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
When I insert the CD using iMac, it only shows the Mac files. The question is how to access the partition that contains the Windows files using the iMac, other than using PC. I don't have PC nor use PC on iMac.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If the files on the windows partition are inaccessible on your Mac, maybe there's a reason!
(The files could be .exe files, and not usable on OS X, even if you could see them)

mitstoshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I have tried 1:1 copy using Simply Burns and it only copies session 1 (Mac files).
I am not going to use the PC files but to save a full copy of the CD. Are there any software could do that ( copy the all sessions)?

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
I have tried 1:1 copy using Simply Burns and it only copies session 1 (Mac files).
I am not going to use the PC files but to save a full copy of the CD. Are there any software could do that ( copy the all sessions)?

Sorry about that. I had hoped that Simply Burns would ignore flags, and just copy the thing.

Try Burn (free), using data copy, advanced MAC + PC setting.

mitstoshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Sorry about that. I had hoped that Simply Burns would ignore flags, and just copy the thing.

Try Burn (free), using data copy, advanced MAC + PC setting.

I have tried Burn and Liquid CD, same thing. I would say that it is not a software but a hardware (CD) problem. Thanks everyone for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.