Burn a CD with two partitions containing Windows and Mac files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mitstoshi, Dec 14, 2014.

1. mitstoshi macrumors regular

I need to make a full copy of a two-partition CD containing Windows and Mac formatted files. Any advice?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

I suspect you need special software to do that...perhaps Toast. As an alternative, maybe you don't need both partitions to be on the same disk. Burn a Windows disc and a separate Mac disc.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You don't need special software. Just burn the files to disk. Put them in folders or however you'd like to identify them then click burn.

4. mitstoshi thread starter macrumors regular

When I insert the CD using iMac, it only shows the Mac files. The question is how to access the partition that contains the Windows files using the iMac, other than using PC. I don't have PC nor use PC on iMac.

5. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Try Simply Burns (free), and use 1 to 1 copy.

6. mitstoshi thread starter macrumors regular

The problem is not the software but the inaccessibility of the source files (Windows partition of the CD) on the iMac.

7. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

With 1 to 1 copy, it shouldn't matter. Have you tried it?

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If the files on the windows partition are inaccessible on your Mac, maybe there's a reason!
    (The files could be .exe files, and not usable on OS X, even if you could see them)

9. mitstoshi thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried 1:1 copy using Simply Burns and it only copies session 1 (Mac files).
    I am not going to use the PC files but to save a full copy of the CD. Are there any software could do that ( copy the all sessions)?

10. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Sorry about that. I had hoped that Simply Burns would ignore flags, and just copy the thing.

Try Burn (free), using data copy, advanced MAC + PC setting.

11. mitstoshi thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried Burn and Liquid CD, same thing. I would say that it is not a software but a hardware (CD) problem. Thanks everyone for the help!