Burn application

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
What do u guys think of the cd/dvd burning application? Im thinking if i should download it. I just dont like using different programs to burn my cds/dvds...

i hate using itunes for burning...id prefer an allinone burning program to burn simple processes...

so should i download burn?

i just dont want the download to cause problems to my comp...i dont like downloading a lot of apps...and i dont want it to freeze on me...

thanks

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
I've used Burn as an alternative to OSX's built-in tool, and when I don't need to do anything special to the files (ie, needs Toast to do it properly).

Seems to work fine for me - and it's free, so you can't really go wrong!

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I've been using it since i first got my mac, it hasn't caused any problems for me. Toast is better, but it's not free, and I'll nearly always go with the free option.

Go for it!

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
k i just downloaded it...question though...ill be making data cds so i can put mp3s so i can listen to it in my car (not using mp3 mode)

what type of data do i use...theres like 5 options..should i use mac+pc

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
dont like using mp3 mode cuz it doesnt put the files in folders...which i would prefer...easy searching through car stereo...

i actually used mac+pc for a test disc...hopefully it works...

is joliet pc the best option to use?

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
all i want is a data disc with mp3 files so my car stereo can play the disc...
i just burned a data disc with mp3s using mac+pc and it worked...

just wanted to know if pc joliet would be better..cuz sometimes i burn these data cds and give them to my friends (they have pcs)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Presumably, Burn is putting a copy of the MP3s in the PC segment of the Mac+PC disc. Otherwise, your car stereo wouldn't read them. Once again, I don't think you get any benefits out of using this format. You should probably just use Joliet. All the devices will still be able to read it.