Burn application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by turnstylez18, Sep 3, 2007.

1. turnstylez18 macrumors regular

What do u guys think of the cd/dvd burning application? Im thinking if i should download it. I just dont like using different programs to burn my cds/dvds...

i hate using itunes for burning...id prefer an allinone burning program to burn simple processes...

so should i download burn?

i just dont want the download to cause problems to my comp...i dont like downloading a lot of apps...and i dont want it to freeze on me...

thanks

2. CortexRock macrumors 6502

I've used Burn as an alternative to OSX's built-in tool, and when I don't need to do anything special to the files (ie, needs Toast to do it properly).

Seems to work fine for me - and it's free, so you can't really go wrong!

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I've been using it since i first got my mac, it hasn't caused any problems for me. Toast is better, but it's not free, and I'll nearly always go with the free option.

Go for it!

4. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

k i just downloaded it...question though...ill be making data cds so i can put mp3s so i can listen to it in my car (not using mp3 mode)

what type of data do i use...theres like 5 options..should i use mac+pc

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL you're exactly why Apple put the burning in iTunes in the first place. :p

Use PC (Joliet) for MP3 data discs.... or better yet, go to the Audio tab, and select "MP3 Disc," instead of trying to do it from the Data tab. ;)

6. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

dont like using mp3 mode cuz it doesnt put the files in folders...which i would prefer...easy searching through car stereo...

i actually used mac+pc for a test disc...hopefully it works...

is joliet pc the best option to use?

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What are you going to do with the disc? As far as I know, even Macs use Joliet by default. Any other device pretty much is going to require a Joliet disc. Your car stereo can't read Mac format discs....

8. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

all i want is a data disc with mp3 files so my car stereo can play the disc...
    i just burned a data disc with mp3s using mac+pc and it worked...

just wanted to know if pc joliet would be better..cuz sometimes i burn these data cds and give them to my friends (they have pcs)

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Presumably, Burn is putting a copy of the MP3s in the PC segment of the Mac+PC disc. Otherwise, your car stereo wouldn't read them. Once again, I don't think you get any benefits out of using this format. You should probably just use Joliet. All the devices will still be able to read it.

10. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah im going to use joliet...thanks a lot...uve helped a lot..this was something i did not know at all..