Burn contents on Blu Ray, DVD, CD onto MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jasonfodor, Jan 29, 2014.

1. jasonfodor macrumors newbie

I have MacBook Retina 10.9.1 (has no drive), but I have an external Bluray/dvd/cd burner and reader....but it's a hassle carrying it around to watch movies and what not.

Is there a way to burn the contents my computer so I don't need my portable (it's not really portable though) drive with me at all times?

Some DVDs are copyright protected, most aren't. If I need third party software, what is recommended? Thanks

2. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I use Toast Titanium to rip media and to also burn media. As long as you have the space on your hard drive, then go for it.

3. scottsjack macrumors 68000

I burn my Blu-rays with MakeMKV and my DVDs with Ripit. Occasionally I use Make MKV for DVDs so I can select a particular audio or subtitle track.

I make a laptop sized file out of .mkv with Handbrake. Handbrake is also handy for making smaller iPhone versions. The digital versions are so good that I own a lot of Blu-rays and a few DVDs that I have never watched from the disk.

For CDs I always use iTunes to make Apple Lossless versions.

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Toast doesn't like DRM'd media, AFAIK. You need some deCSS program for ripping DVD-s and something stronger to rip BluRays. Like MakeMKV.