Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
(Sorry if this thread isn't in the right section) I am using 10.4.4. I created a burn folder on my desktop to back up my photo's, documents, and music to cds. When I click "Burn" I get a message that says " "Burn Folder" is too large to fit on the disc. Remove some files and try again.". Is it possible to set it so it burns the whole folder to as many cds as it takes? Or am I stuck with having to make several 700 MB folders manually?

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
I think you just have to use multiole 700 MB folders. I've never used burn folders, but on other burning applications (iTunes), it will only let me burn 700 MB, and then i need to put in a new disc, and burn a modified playlist. Finder might be different but i doubt it.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Roxio on PC will. What about Mac?

I was handed a stack of CD's at a meeting and told to launch the first one and follow the instructions...

It was a 1.3gig video ripped on to 3 CD's in Roxio somthing or another....

It ask for the other 2 CD's when the time came and it worked.

This was all on a IBM laptop, though....sad isn't it. The things we do for work.

Anyway, will Toast do what the OP wants?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
rjphoto said:
I was handed a stack of CD's at a meeting and told to launch the first one and follow the instructions...

It was a 1.3gig video ripped on to 3 CD's in Roxio somthing or another....

It ask for the other 2 CD's when the time came and it worked.

This was all on a IBM laptop, though....sad isn't it. The things we do for work.

Anyway, will Toast do what the OP wants?
I think that Toast 7 will burn across multiple CDs/DVDs if you enable *Mac only* in the options....

EDIT: Mac-only may not be necessary...I'm still on Toast 6, so I can't check this one out.

From the Roxio Website:
Make Impossible Things Possible

Things that were impossible to do in the Mac OS or iLife, are now possible with Toast 7. Enjoy 50+ hour music DVDs with rich Dolby sound, turn still photos into multi-image HD slideshows, backup files of any size across multiple discs, and create DivX HD discs.

kwajaln

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2004
CHICAGO!
With all of the extra benefits to Toast, I highly recemmond buying it, instead of relying on freeware that is nowhere near as good. Toast 7 is truly amazing!!

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
I can't find a definitive answer to my question concerning toast. I need something that is going to enable me to back up a few GBs of data across a few cd's. I don't have a dvd burner or a back-up hard-drive. I'm not crazy about having to spend money just to back up large amounts of data without having to break it up into several 700 MB folders. Perhaps thats why I've never backed up my data. I just can't believe that isn't a basic feature. And by the way, that "Machacha" link did not work so I couldn't even attempt that.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
jadekitty24 said:
I can't find a definitive answer to my question concerning toast. I need something that is going to enable me to back up a few GBs of data across a few cd's. I don't have a dvd burner or a back-up hard-drive. I'm not crazy about having to spend money just to back up large amounts of data without having to break it up into several 700 MB folders. Perhaps thats why I've never backed up my data. I just can't believe that isn't a basic feature. And by the way, that "Machacha" link did not work so I couldn't even attempt that.
Toast 7 allows for disc spanning, so you can put a couple of gigs onto multiple CDs, but only if you select Mac Only (at least that's the way with the version that I have, maybe it works with Mac & PC on newer versions)

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
neocell said:
Toast 7 allows for disc spanning, so you can put a couple of gigs onto multiple CDs, but only if you select Mac Only (at least that's the way with the version that I have, maybe it works with Mac & PC on newer versions)
Thanks for the answer! That will be perfect...I don't need it for PC...blood pressure is already too high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.