Burn data CD for windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sticko, Dec 2, 2011.

1. sticko macrumors member

Hi,

How do we burn data CD in Lion so it can be read in windows? I tried so many times, and it only can be read in Mac since the it's Mac OS extended format. thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What type of file format are you trying to burn?

3. sticko thread starter macrumors member

wmv and mov...

Are u saying that Lion's burn doesnt support universal CD format? Hmm..that sucks...

4. simsaladimbamba

He is not saying, and I am not saying that.
    You want to burn a data CD/DVD I suppose, where the recipient of the CD or DVD can access those files via Windows.
    If you want more control, try Burn, as suggested before. Or does it not work on Lion? I don't use Lion, thus I can't test.

5. sticko thread starter macrumors member

I just checked Burn site, the blogs has not been updated for close to 2 years. So i'm not sure if its support lion as well. I might try it later.

Yes, you are right. I want to burn CD where it can be read in windows. Do you know if its possible using Lion's own apps?

6. simsaladimbamba, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

simsaladimbamba

The actual application has been updated on January 15th, 2011.
    It could be worth a try, it is free after all and you can delete it again, if it does not work.

Anyway, as I don't use Lion, "only" 10.6.8, I get this, when I create a Burn Folder and press the BURN button.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay, I just burned a DVD that way and it shows up with a the Format of Mac OS Extended.
    [​IMG]
    Seems to be not a Lion problem, but a Mac OS X problem, though I never used Finder to burn CDs. I just use Burn.

7. bwin24 macrumors newbie

this is really helpful! thanks mate!!