Burn DVD (Error code 0x80020063)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kockgunner, Dec 2, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro and have always been able to burn CDs I burned a Fujifilm DVD+R for a friend once too, which burned and verified correctly. However, I just bought a 100-pack DVD+R from Verbatim (made in Taiwan) and every single DVD so far has gotten the same error code which basically says the disc can't be verified, might be unreliable, and tells me to try again with a blanc disc.

Here's what I did to check the disc:
    - I checked the Console and the log doesn't show anything.
    - I used Nero in Bootcamp to scan the disc and it came up perfect
    - I used Disk Utility to verify the disc and it says it appears to be ok

The verify in Disk Utility only takes a few seconds while a verify after burning a DVD takes a few minutes so I don't know if Disk Utility actually does anything...

Also, all the discs seem ok and all the files are intact...should I be worried about my Superdrive?

2. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

3. cubedweller macrumors 6502

My MBP has recently decided it no longer wants to load blank DVD's -- I've tried a handful of brands and they all fail; they are simply ejected after about 10 seconds.

I have an appointment scheduled with the Apple Store tomorrow; not looking forward to sending off my MBP to be repaired. :eek:

If the drive works in Windows (bootcamp) then it could simply be your OS X installation; you could try a clean install of OS X to see if that corrects the issue. If not, I'd take it to Apple (if it's still under warranty) and let them figure it out.

~E

4. memphismac macrumors member

I don't remember the error code, but I got a similar error after burning a data DVD. The disc appears to work fine, and Disk Utility verifies everything.

Should I assume that disc is okay, or do I need to burn another one?