Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bavaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Minimac OS 10.11.4 I purchased Elgato Video software to record VHS tapes to my Minimac. It worked great and I had my first video. I tried to burn it to my Lacie burner, it burned but would not open on a DVD player.
(I tried three different) Would not play on a second minimac or ibook. I asked for advise and was told
I needed software. Recommended was Blue Ray Creator for Mac. I purchased it from Leawo.. It would not open on my Mac. They recommended that I down load it and use the key on my CD. Worked out well
and I had the entire program. Would not burn DVD. They advised me with an email of what I should try.
I did, to the letter. This time the program indicated it was burning video to dvd. Took an hour+. The
DVD didn't burn and was blank. Using Blue Ray could someone tell me in easy steps how to burn a DVD.
Thanks

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Why are you wanting to burn a Blu Ray DVD from a poor quality VHS copy?

If you don't really want a Blu Ray DVD, then download the free Burn:
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Choose "Video" from the four tabs at the top of the Burn window, and DVD-Video from the drop down menu on the right. Drop your video file into the window. You'll be asked if you want to convert the video. Answer Yes, because it has to, and then click Burn.

You should have a DVD that plays in DVD Players and in computers that have DVD Player software.

Bavaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Why are you wanting to burn a Blu Ray DVD from a poor quality VHS copy?

If you don't really want a Blu Ray DVD, then download the free Burn:
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Choose "Video" from the four tabs at the top of the Burn window, and DVD-Video from the drop down menu on the right. Drop your video file into the window. You'll be asked if you want to convert the video. Answer Yes, because it has to, and then click Burn.

You should have a DVD that plays in DVD Players and in computers that have DVD Player software.
I guess I want Blu Ray because I paid for it. Burn looks good, I will try it. Thanks for your response

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
That's OK, just Apple's security kicking in. Just Right/Ctrl click on the icon and choose Open from the menu. It will open as normal after that.

Bavaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
I have been away, thank you for your response. I will give it a try,,````````````````````

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.