Burn DVD on External Lacie burner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bavaria, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Bavaria macrumors newbie

Minimac OS 10.11.4 I purchased Elgato Video software to record VHS tapes to my Minimac. It worked great and I had my first video. I tried to burn it to my Lacie burner, it burned but would not open on a DVD player.
    (I tried three different) Would not play on a second minimac or ibook. I asked for advise and was told
    I needed software. Recommended was Blue Ray Creator for Mac. I purchased it from Leawo.. It would not open on my Mac. They recommended that I down load it and use the key on my CD. Worked out well
    and I had the entire program. Would not burn DVD. They advised me with an email of what I should try.
    I did, to the letter. This time the program indicated it was burning video to dvd. Took an hour+. The
    DVD didn't burn and was blank. Using Blue Ray could someone tell me in easy steps how to burn a DVD.
    Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Why are you wanting to burn a Blu Ray DVD from a poor quality VHS copy?

If you don't really want a Blu Ray DVD, then download the free Burn:
    http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Choose "Video" from the four tabs at the top of the Burn window, and DVD-Video from the drop down menu on the right. Drop your video file into the window. You'll be asked if you want to convert the video. Answer Yes, because it has to, and then click Burn.

You should have a DVD that plays in DVD Players and in computers that have DVD Player software.

3. Bavaria thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I want Blu Ray because I paid for it. Burn looks good, I will try it. Thanks for your response

4. Bavaria thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to down load Burn. "Burn.app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer?

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's OK, just Apple's security kicking in. Just Right/Ctrl click on the icon and choose Open from the menu. It will open as normal after that.

6. Bavaria thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been away, thank you for your response. I will give it a try,,````````````````````