Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
I'm selling my Macbook, but I want to burn a program that I've installed onto a disc so I can keep that app and make a clean install. I don't have the original CD/.dmg. It installed through installer (in which I'd guess a pretty complex install). Anyway to burn this is a disc to save?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
For Office, dragging across the installed Office folder in the Applications folder should suffice (assuming you haven't moved anything out of it). You may also want to copy across the Microsoft User Data folder in your Documents folder and possibly the associated preference files in your Preferences folder. These last two folders aren't strictly necessary but will help you keep your customised settings. :)

pungohboy

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
For Office, dragging across the installed Office folder in the Applications folder should suffice (assuming you haven't moved anything out of it). You may also want to copy across the Microsoft User Data folder in your Documents folder and possibly the associated preference files in your Preferences folder. These last two folders aren't strictly necessary but will help you keep your customised settings. :)

Looks like that worked. I thought it might be that easy but then I said no way it cant be that easy. I have to keep up with my backwards thinking for work so I cant think 100% mac.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully Will got his question answered too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.