Burn Playlist to CD in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lostmyway, Jun 2, 2012.

1. lostmyway macrumors newbie

Hi,

To play music in my car I have my iPod connected to my stereo with an aux cable, but I can't change music while driving since it requires me to look at the touchscreen. I've been trying to burn my playlists to CDs so I can use the controls on my car's built-in stereo. I've inserted a blank CD into my DVD drive and iTunes pops up with the message:

So I clicked File, but there is no option (not even a greyed out option) to burn to disc. I also read in the Apple help that there are some burning options preferences in Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Burning, but that does not show up either. I've done a search and supposedly there is (was?) an icon to burn to CD which my iTunes also does not show.

I'm using Windows 7, and I've upgraded to the latest iTunes. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. lpeedin macrumors regular

Are you sure your CD drive has burn capability or is it just a reader.

3. lostmyway thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm positive it has that capability. In fact I just burned another CD today not using iTunes.

4. bt22 macrumors 6502

Make sure the playlist you want to burn is highlighted and you will see the option to burn playlist to cd.

5. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

Did you select the playlist in iTunes first?

I just right-click on the playlist and select burn. I don't put in the CD until it tells me to.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

On recent iPod, you can get a headset that can control your music without using the touch screen.