Burn Playlist to CD in iTunes

lostmyway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Hi,

To play music in my car I have my iPod connected to my stereo with an aux cable, but I can't change music while driving since it requires me to look at the touchscreen. I've been trying to burn my playlists to CDs so I can use the controls on my car's built-in stereo. I've inserted a blank CD into my DVD drive and iTunes pops up with the message:

You've inserted a blank CD or DVD. To burn items on the disc, select the playlist that contains the items you want to burn, and then choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc.
So I clicked File, but there is no option (not even a greyed out option) to burn to disc. I also read in the Apple help that there are some burning options preferences in Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Burning, but that does not show up either. I've done a search and supposedly there is (was?) an icon to burn to CD which my iTunes also does not show.

I'm using Windows 7, and I've upgraded to the latest iTunes. Any ideas?

Thanks.

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
Make sure the playlist you want to burn is highlighted and you will see the option to burn playlist to cd.

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
Did you select the playlist in iTunes first?

I just right-click on the playlist and select burn. I don't put in the CD until it tells me to.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
On recent iPod, you can get a headset that can control your music without using the touch screen.