Burn Speed - Slower Better????

Bob Dobbs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
California
Ok I've been burning CD for a number of years now and alway click MAX spped - seemed like a no brainer. My car's CD player is very jumpy with home burned CD's (no skipping with store bought ones though)... For some reason I burned a CD at X2 - just a whim... it seems to play MUCH BETTER.

Could it be? Could a slow burn - burn deeper or better? or is it all in my head.

Thanks

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
i dont think you have to worry, a couple years ago CD-Rs have made a significant step in terms of reliability when burned. I never get a bad disc now days.

toontra

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2003
London UK
In years of burning all kinds of discs (audio, film, data) I've never had any problems burning at the fastest available speed. I was told some time back that audio (aif, wav) files were safest burned at slow (x4 max) speeds, but I gave that practice up and now use 40+ without a hitch.

It may be that a few years ago this was an issue but I think this is now largely myth. My advice: burn at the fastest speed & if it's something really important then verify after - still quicker than snail-burns!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.