Burned Line on Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by relevant, Jan 22, 2008.

1. relevant macrumors newbie

relevant

I'm new to this forum, and have nearly no complaints about Apple products, but I've own my current macbook for nearly 4 months and purchased applecare for 3 years. There is a burnt line near the top left part of my screen and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Apple support with this type of circumstance and what outcomes they had. Anything, including direction on what to do, will help.

Thanks!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Can you post a picture of it. That will help.

3. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

If you have the applecare, then you should be all set. Just post a pic..

4. relevant thread starter macrumors newbie

relevant

I'm sending it in to apple to get my screen replaced, and they told me about 5-7 business days. It's not too noticeable so I won't post it up because it's too hard to see, but Apple is taking care of it under applecare. I just wish they would've given me a brand new macbook :D

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Just be prepared to fight with them. As I had an iBook with spots and they claimed it was user damage. It basically had several white spots like to older PB issues they had. So I had to talk to a manager for apple care and it took a little convincing for them to replace it.

6. relevant thread starter macrumors newbie

relevant

Man I hope I don't have to go through that stuff. I'll keep you up-to-date to see if I get this problem fixed.