iPhone X Burned mark from case.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LTENETWORK, Dec 11, 2018.

1. LTENETWORK macrumors member

LTENETWORK

Maybe anyone know how to fix this. This is why I hate stupid cases with hole. Taka a look photo. IMG_6585.jpg

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That’s a not a ‘Burn mark’, that is either scuffing on the glass or leftover residue from the case. Try a very minimal mount of isopropyl alcohol on a damp microfiber cloth and see if that removes it, if it doesn’t, then it’s likely etched on to the glass.

3. LTENETWORK thread starter macrumors member

LTENETWORK

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

What type of case were you using? Authentic OEM case? If anything, Apple will suggest trying the same method I just suggested.

5. LTENETWORK thread starter macrumors member

LTENETWORK

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple isn’t going to take responsibility for damage caused by a third-party case to your iPhone.

7. LTENETWORK thread starter macrumors member

LTENETWORK

8. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

That looks like dust that got under the edge of the case and was rubbed into the glass by the small movements of the case. If the dust was harder than the glass (razor blades and keys are softer), it will create a sandblasting effect. There is no free fix, as this is wear and tear.

9. LTENETWORK thread starter macrumors member

LTENETWORK

I think best way to hide this is to install wrap.

10. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I’ve always wondered if the open hole design was a good idea. I guess not. Maybe see if you can polish it out with some carnuba wax.

11. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

This is why I don't use cases for the most part. I've seen more damage from cases like this than otherwise.

12. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

Apple won't cover damage that you caused to the phone. I suppose that you could always ask Apple for a replacement device and pay whatever the full replacement fee is...$600 or whatever it is.

It should come off with some cleaner. If not, then as others have said, it's likely etched into the glass itself. It's not a big deal and doesn't change the way that your phone works. I use Apple cases exclusively; never an issue.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 601

How long have you kept your phone in the case without taking it off? I use Spigen cases that has a cut out for the Apple Logo and have not encountered this issue. But then I take it out the case weekly to clean.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Why would they fix this? Is it affecting how your phone is working?

15. LTENETWORK thread starter macrumors member

LTENETWORK

Thanks to all. I don’t like apple cases. Bottom side isn’t protected. My fav case for 6s Plus/7 Plus was X-Doria Lux case,

16. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I’ve never had problems with Tech21 cases. No abrasion. Good drop protection. Though my iPad 10.5 case did yellow. But I couldn’t see that until I pulled it for trade in. My current Tech 21 iPhone XS case is great, and pervios 8plus case took 2-3 drops no problems.