Burned out on Black, Color confusion

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thefredelement, Apr 9, 2015.

1. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I'm going for a sport model, I never really liked the idea of a watch but have a FuelBand that I get along with. I am really hoping that it feels similar.

Now, I'm a little tired of black and white gadgets so I'm thinking, why not Green or Blue?

However, you can't really wear those colors without standing out a bit and I'm not really a person that wants to stand out because of a watch I'm wearing. I'm also not very fashion forward. I mostly wear t shirts and jeans, on occasion I do have to wear a suit, either for work or weddings, etc.

I think a green or blue band at a wedding wouldn't be a big deal, for a work thing though I'm not sure.

I think I just talked myself into buying an extra band now...

Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. Elzbeth macrumors regular

Definately feel the need for a second band but thinking of waiting for a third party cheaper version of a leather one, for more formal occasions.

3. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I'm not opposed to a coloured band in principle. I just don't like any of the colours :(

4. st0k3d macrumors member

I would love a navy blue sport band option.

5. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Yes!

Or dark red.

6. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I agree. The colors are a bit odd. Especially the blue which is, to me, a very feminine shade of blue and yet too loud to be appropriately worn by most ladies and too feminine to do justice to most men.

7. leeingham macrumors 6502

Someone posted this the other night and its now decided for me. I LOVE it!!

Attached Files:

8. thefredelement, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

thefredelement thread starter macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I guess I'll go with black and hope that the blue is OK with the space grey watch later on.

I agree with the above posts, I'd like a color that isn't so bright.

--

Edit, I think I'll go with a blue and buy a black or silver band for more formal things.

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Funny, I am the exact opposite ... I have been complaining the pink bands are not bright enough :D

10. BeyondtheTech, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Would've really considered a PRODUCT(RED) version. Surprised there isn't. That being said, the pink doesn't even look pink - it looks orangy. They could've done more traditional colors, but Apple is Apple.

If the inventory is indeed constrained, I might just give up and pick any color, then go to Casetify and create my own band.

http://tinyurl.com/casetify4applewatch
    [​IMG]

11. leenak macrumors 68020

I'm tired of sports watches being black. So I'm going with white (or green or pink). I'm leaning towards white but I have a soft spot for green and pink.

12. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

You could easily create a solid red color with Casetify, instead of a photo or pattern. I think it'd look great with any of the watches if the shade of red is right.

13. iluvgadgets macrumors regular

14. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

Precisely what I'm doing. But then again, black gadgets somehow always seem more snazzy to me!