Burner not Burning DVD's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlo604, Jul 5, 2009.

1. dlo604 macrumors member

I was trying to burn a few seasons for back up early today onto my blank CD's and they show that they have 8.2 GB I pretty much fill it out to the maximum memory storage possible. However in the middle of burning the DVD it says that there is an error.

My question is it possible that it could be the disc. I already wasted two of these discs and they aren't super cheap etiher ( or believe me I wouldn't mind. Is there a possible solution for this? Is it my burner?

I just bought this uMBP 2 weeks ago and I sure as hell hope not.

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

You're burning Dual Layer? Yeah, they are flakey and pricey. Stupidest thing invented IMO. You should be using single layers.

3. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

I'm confused.:confused: So you're trying to burn a DVD image on to a CD?

4. dlo604 thread starter macrumors member

No. I burnt a DVD which is + but it has 8.2 GB it's one of those DVD's which have double the memory. I'm stumped...I don't want to be wasting another DVD. :confused:

5. dlo604 thread starter macrumors member

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If you had read the second comment in this thread, you would have realized that you can't use the dual-layer DVDs (aka "double the memory") you have. Also, only a small number of brands actually consistently produce quality DVDs so don't cheap out on the media.

7. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I would use Verbatim dual layer dvd's. I have not had one bad burn yet on multiple drives. Of course it works with dual layer. Much bad talk here on the forum.

If you have a problem with the burning, try doing a test virtual burn before in the program to see if your image is too large or something else. And what does the error code say, usually with that you can figure out what the problem is. Google is your friend if it's not plain text.

8. dlo604 thread starter macrumors member

It was saying how it didn't get onto to my DVD burner, however, my cousin recently told me that he tried it on his PC and it did work. Is there a specific reason what may be causing this problem? I haven't tried it since that day, but I would like to know what would be cause the problem.