Burning a DVD/CD

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Eagle80, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Eagle80 macrumors newbie

okaaay...on a macmini...... I'm going to burn a CD/DVD....right click on the folder I want to burn....menu opens up.."Burn to disc" click on that....window pops up "insert news disc to burn" ..I insert the unburned disc...and in 15-20 seconds it spits it out at me not even recognizing it's been inserted.....any thoughts as to whats up...(preferably without being a wise ass..lol)

Thanx

2. Eagle80 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running snow leopard and yes..It Supports burning..I've done it in the past just not working for some reason..as far as the media use question....define please.....

3. simsaladimbamba

Like here. http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=71&name=CD-DVD-Blu-ray-Media
    Do you use TDK, Verbatim, ...; is the media a DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, CD-R, and so on?

And what does it say in System Profiler > Hardware >> Disc Burning?

4. Eagle80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Using Sony DVD-R.....and yes...disc burning is available...as I said...I've burned discs in the past.....now it just won't read the disc even being inserted on the prompt...is it a software glitch or a sending out for repair is what I'm wondering
    Thanx...

5. Eagle80 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok...so I went back to basics..thought about it...threw my DVD lens cleaner for my DVD player into the macmini....cleaned the lens..all is well...Returned to DEFCON 1
    Thank you for your reply.....