burning a dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dukebound85, Apr 24, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ok im having a brain crash

my team compteted at an event in which we camcorded. one member of the team used final cut to make a dvd with fancy menus and stuff

now i said ill burn copies for everyone on the team so i used mtr to get it on my comp

i have toast but both times ive burned, i get there menu selection (the stupid template kind) that you have to click to play the movie

how do i get an exact clone of the dvd i have with our own menus and such?

thanks as its kinda frustrating me

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you have a physical copy of the DVD, why not just use Disk Utility to make copies of it?

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

well i need physical copies to give to my team. mtr gave me an exact copy on my hd

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

My point is that you should just get the physical copy of the DVD back, then burn copies from that, rather than going from the version you have on the HD from MTR.

Anyways, now that you have the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders on your HD you should be able to use Toast to burn a DVD. Are you copying them to the DVD or telling Toast to make a DVD from the files?

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Just use toast, it has a disc copy function. mtr is only used for removing copy protection on commercial dvd's

6. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh i still have the physical copy. just i cant seem to get the right settings in toast it seems

i was selecting the video tab and dragging the files there. while it plays, it has its own menues (from toast) and not the ones originally on it

NICE i got it. thanks for the help! just went into the video ts folder option and it worked great