Burning a dvd

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eks11, Aug 13, 2009.

1. eks11 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just downloaded the freeware "Burn." I'm having trouble though. When I insert a blank cd, it pops back out. I don't know what the problem is.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Have you tried burning using Mac OS X burning tools?

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Your Mac has the ability to burn CDs or DVDs right out of the box. You don't need to download any other programs to do it. Have you tried burning a disc just using the Finder's tools?

5. eks11 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I'm assuming you're just wanting to burn files to the DVD? Or were you actually making a movie that you wanted to burn to DVD?

If you're just burning a DVD to store files on it, just insert the DVD in your computer. Your Mac will ask you want you're wanting to do with the disc, and you can just choose the "Finder" from the drop-down menu.

Now, just drag files and drop them onto the DVD's icon on the desktop. When you're ready, right click on the DVD's icon and choose "Burn". That's all there is to it.

Apple also has a short guide on how to do so, on their website.

7. eks11 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to burn a movie that I made. My iDVD won't burn it.

8. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

It's easier for people to help you if you give plenty of information about your problem. Does it pop the DVD-R back out any time you insert it? Just when certain apps are open? Have you tried a different DVD-R?

Try burning your iDVD project to a disc image to eliminate some possible problems - that way you know it is just a problem with burning the disc. The use disc utility to try and burn the image. Drag the image file into the left-hand column and click burn. Disc Utility will ask for a blank disc. Try inserting then and let us know what happens.

Don't mean to be insulting, but are you sure your Mac has a DVD burner?

9. eks11 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not insulting...and yes it does. My comp. science teacher helped me out with the problem this morning. Problem solved. Thanks anyway