Burning a movie on a G5

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Christos, May 6, 2008.

1. Christos macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I get an error after burning DVDs. The DVD never records, and is not available to record again. The error window looks like this:

'The drive reported an error:
    Sense Key = HARDWARE ERROR
    Sense Code + 0x44, 0xD6
    INTERNAL TARGET FAILURE

Any clue?
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. tytanic11 macrumors member

What brand of media are you using? Many times, this error occurs with cheaper brands of media when used with the slot-loading drives on the Mac mini/iMac. Try a different brand of Are you using the internal superdrive on your G5 (I'm assuming iMac G5)?

If a different brand of media doesn't work - try using an external drive if you have one, or burn with a different application and see if that works.

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

As was stated, it's most likely media, try a different brand. I have a G5 PowerMac that I have experienced that same error with. I find I get great results with Verbatim 99% of the time, across the board.

What program are you using to burn the discs, and are you copying them from an original DVD to make "backups" or are you creating a DVD from an AVI/MPG/etc... file?

However, In my situation, I found it rather strange since I upgraded the DVD-R drive in the Powermac myself to an aftermarket faster and dual layer drive, that it would have an issue with media. I have the same exact drive on my PC and have no problems with the brand of media I was trying in the mac, yet the mac got an error.

Macs are just a little more picky sometimes:)