Burning a movie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mudbugfish, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Mudbugfish macrumors member

Mudbugfish

What is the best way to burn a movie I've made?

I've edited my movie in iMovie and have now transfered the two files that make up the film into Quicktime. Do I now export the two files to iDVD and burn from there?

Anyone know of any good tips, I've never used iDVD and need to join the two files together.

2. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

What version of iLife are you using? As I understand it, there was no direct way in the '08 iLife suite to export the iMovie product directly to iDVD. This has been changed, from what I have heard, in the '09 version. If you have iLife '06, then that should work. I haven't tried the export to iDVD in '08 so I am not sure of the procedure and will let others answer that one.

You can also use third party apps like Titanium Toast, Popcorn or Simply Burns to burn the DVD. First 2 cost $$, the third is freeware.

3. Mudbugfish thread starter macrumors member

Mudbugfish

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Then you should be able to directly export it to iDVD. I am sure there is a way do do it through the menu bar commands.

5. Mudbugfish thread starter macrumors member

Mudbugfish

I can't export from Quicktime, it won't let you. And I think you have to export from iMovie to Quicktime to make the file small enough to burn onto a CD.

The files are to large from iMovie.

6. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

To burn onto a CD or onto a DVD? There are 2 hour plus commercial movies that fit onto a single, dual layer DVD disk. That should fit most consumer needs. I can't speak to your wanting to export it into QT. Perhaps others have more experience with this...