Burning a .TS file that's just over 9GBs to a DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by alexcoco11, Sep 26, 2009.

1. alexcoco11 macrumors newbie

So i recently downloaded a .ts file which is suppost to be in HD. I want to know how can I burn it without losing too much quality, and with what program (that is free and easy to use) to do it with.

I have an Up-converting DVD player so I don't worry too much about losing the HD quality because it's almost impossible to burn in 1080.

However I still want a dvd quality video. It's 9.86 GB, so I'm guessing I'm either going to have to compress it, or split it into two parts (which I rather do because I wouldn't lose much quality due to the compression).

Please help me find a free program for me to preferably burn it into 2 DVD's and how to do it.

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

It's not just almost impossible... it's absolutely impossible. DVD's are all Standard Def. There are some players that will play blueray content on DVD-R media, but that's not a "DVD".

Load the file into MPEG Stream clip, ( assuming it can read your TS file, since it was really written for MPEG2 TS, which yours could be )... andyway load the file and convert it to an MOV file with the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC), select standard definition NTSC or PAL depending on your Region. Audio at uncompressed 48KHZ. Make sure it *is* interlaced video.

Import the resulting file into iDVD.

You can also optionally split the movie into 2 parts using MPEG streamclip, and do the same export for both clips and author 2 DVDs. This will result in a lower compression ratio for the MPEG2 encoding later in iDVD and will be a higher quality movie ( consider selecting "Professional Quality" in the
    iDVD preferences->projects menu )

Hope this helps!