Burning a video DVD with words out of sync.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by schmidty11, Sep 12, 2008.

1. schmidty11 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I'm burning a DVD for a friend of a video. When I play the video in QuickTime, the words and sound are severely out of sync with the video. The video is an .avi video format. So for me to be able to watch the videos I had to use VLC media player(which worked beautifully), but to burn them on to a DVD, I do not know what to do. I tried it with Toast Titanium 9 and it didn't work. When I put the DVD in the player the words were off again. Is there anyway to burn discs so the video isn't out of sync?
    Is there any program that can convert the video from .avi to something else that is more mac friendly so the words would match up?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. schmidty11 thread starter macrumors newbie

funny you should say that...

Ah yes, I do have that app and I have tried it, and it doesn't help anything. if anything the words are more out of sync.

3. davidleon macrumors member

You're going to have to try a few options. Such as, try converting the AVI to MOV or MPG with Quicktime, and then use VisualHub or ffmpegX to convert to DVD. Alternately, you could use MPEG Streamclip to convert the AVI to MOV or MPG, and then use VisualHub or ffmpegX to convert to DVD.

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

idvd and perian

Hey,

If I were you I would download perian from perian.org so quicktime can read your .avi files (and a lot more files). Then you can use quicktime (or iMovie or whatever) to convert your .avi file to a .mov file. Now you can use iDVD to burn them on a DVD. (to make sure it isn't out of sync again I would "emulate" the DVD, you can do that in iDVD, so try it before you burn it). If this didn't solve it, I've no idea what to do.