Burning Audio CD with Album Artwork

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Romeo604, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Romeo604 macrumors regular

Hey guys I am trying to burn audio cd's along with its artwork so I can use these as back ups also.

I went to the burning preferences but nothing shows up for this option?? Any help appreciated!

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I don't think you can on an audio-disc. As an audio-disc usually goes into a CD player where it's not necessary.

3. Romeo604 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh so the only way i can back up my songs with the artwork is to copy my entire itunes library?

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Why would you burn your iTunes library as audio CDs for backup? If you ever re-ripped from them, you'd be losing quality.

Just duplicate the files in your iTunes library, meaning your iTunes Music folder, the iTunes Library database and XML, and the Album Artwork folder onto some sort of external storage.

5. Romeo604 thread starter macrumors regular

ohkay thanks guy I'll just do that than. I jsut wanted the artwork to come with the songs if i ever wanted to play my music on a friends computer and have the artwork show up in coverflow.

6. HiDeHo macrumors member

this is true mostly but some cds do include album artwork, music, programs etc on them. even some modern cds include digital track name information which certain cd players and other devices will display.