Burning Audio CDs in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sonicspectrum, Aug 1, 2008.

1. sonicspectrum macrumors newbie

Using iTunes 7.7.1 and want to burn a playlist I have made onto a standard audio CD (PCM) format.

For some reason I am only presented with the option to burn an MP3 CD (which it won't even do because I am an idiot and actually BOUGHT my music from iTunes rather than steal it, but that is another issue)

Anyway, I've made this nice mix, saved it as a playlist and want to burn it to a 74min standard audio CD to play in my 1990 truck that is all old school and stuff...what's up? Anyone able to help?

John

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

What options do you see under Edit : Preferences : Advanced : Burning ?

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

You select the format of the CD (audio or MP3) in preferences. Then later when you burn the CD it will be in that format. Don't know why Apple designed it that way but you can't choose to burn the disc then select the format. Got to choose the format first.

4. sonicspectrum thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek:

I can't believe I didn't think of that. (Although, equally, I can't believe that Apple designed it that way.)

I felt so sheepish posting that question but I had already wasted close to an hour this morning messing around (as well as 2 CDs partially burned as MP3's :( )

Anyway, many thanks...

Now, anyone have any quick tips on how to take off the digital protection on the files I bought? (I love the irony that the ones I have stolen can be burned to an MP3 disc but not the ones I bought....kind of feel it should be the other way around if at all.)

JZ

5. sonicspectrum thread starter macrumors newbie

BTW - Canada RAM - I live in Victoria too. One islander to another - thanks! (you too Chris).

JZ