Burning AVI files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Razorman, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Razorman macrumors newbie

I have a number of old AVI files that I'd like to put onto DVD to store someplace safe. I've tried using Toast 7 Titanium to burn them but the video quality is very poor and the audio is out of sync. I tried a few different other software titles (DVD Creator for Mac, ImTOO) and so far ImTOO has delivered the video quality I want but the sound is still out of sync. I'd think that a program as powerful as Toast would be able to do what I want (convert a high quality AVI into a high quality DVD with the sound in sync with the video). Am I missing something here? Do I need a AVI conversion program before I go to Toast? What program would that be? I'm getting very frustrated at what is turning out to be a very long process.

Wait, before I get blown out of the water for asking a question that's been passed around more than Paris Hilton, I just found Visual Hub...DL'ing the trial now and standing by to be impressed.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

Heck, Burn might be able to do what you are looking for.

3. zerocool23 macrumors newbie

I just put the .avi files directly onto the disc, and that works, it's always going to be pretty bad quality since most of the files that I have are formatted for a computer, not a television screen, so it stretches it out.

4. Razorman thread starter macrumors newbie

Visual Hub works great. The video output is crisp and clear, the audio is in sync, and it's easy to use.

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

It should look more stretched out on your computer, being computer LCDs are higher resolutions than tv.