burning .avi to DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by travisjacques, Jun 15, 2009.

1. travisjacques macrumors member

I'm trying to find a way to take my avi files and play them on my blu ray player, the player does not support divx. any ideas? sorry if this is the wrong forum.

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

If your player doesn't support avi you are pretty much out of luck unless you try to convert them to a format your player plays. When I by new hardware I search and make sure it plays what I want it to play before I buy. I even take the disks into the stores to try them.

3. USMaC macrumors member

USMaC

If you have iDVD it is fairly simple. Go to the File menu and select "One step DVD from file," select the avi you want to burn, put in a blank DVD when prompted, and wait. iDVD will convert and burn the avi, then eject the DVD and ask if you want to make another copy. If you choose to make another copy the process will be much quicker as it only has to burn again, but if you choose not to then decide later to do it iDVD will have to convert the avi again.

I've done this many times and had no problem playing the DVDs, but I don't have a blue ray player. Hopefully it will work for you, too.