Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoncoZero

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
tv land
I was curious if anybody else has problems burning onto black CD-Rs.

I have a pack of Memorex colored recordable cds. Red, blue, green, purple all worked fine. But when I insert a black one, the computer eventually spits it out and asks me to insert a blank recordable cd.

1. Did I get a bad batch of cds? or is this a common problem?
2. Do I have a racist computer? Is it surfing hate sites while I sleep?

BTW - I have a 15" 2.4 GHz MBP

Dare2Dream85

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
The same happened to me with the black CD-Rs and my MacBook. It just spits it back out. I don't know what to do!

MoncoZero

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
tv land
The same happened to me with the black CD-Rs and my MacBook. It just spits it back out. I don't know what to do!

Yea, I just gave my 10 black cds away and bought some standard ugly gray ones. It sure is a weird problem. Shame it happened to you too, but glad to see I am not alone with the problem.

aliciagirl89

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
The same thing happened to me.. i bought spiffy amazingly cewl black memorex disks with green dots on the top cuz they were amazingly epic but when i put one in my macbook it just spit them out :mad: grrrrrr i think macbooks just dont like them ... so i guess the answer is to just buy ugly silver ones...dats what im going to try

absurdio

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
RI, Chi, and/or NY.

Me too. Fscking irritating. Is there some patch I can get, someone I can complain to, anything I can do? If I take my MBP to an Apple store, are they just going to say "oh, sorry. buy other blank cds."?

Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.