burning black CD-R

MoncoZero

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
tv land
I was curious if anybody else has problems burning onto black CD-Rs.

I have a pack of Memorex colored recordable cds. Red, blue, green, purple all worked fine. But when I insert a black one, the computer eventually spits it out and asks me to insert a blank recordable cd.

1. Did I get a bad batch of cds? or is this a common problem?
2. Do I have a racist computer? Is it surfing hate sites while I sleep?

BTW - I have a 15" 2.4 GHz MBP

Dare2Dream85

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
The same happened to me with the black CD-Rs and my MacBook. It just spits it back out. I don't know what to do!

MoncoZero

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
tv land
The same happened to me with the black CD-Rs and my MacBook. It just spits it back out. I don't know what to do!
Yea, I just gave my 10 black cds away and bought some standard ugly gray ones. It sure is a weird problem. Shame it happened to you too, but glad to see I am not alone with the problem.

aliciagirl89

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
The same thing happened to me.. i bought spiffy amazingly cewl black memorex disks with green dots on the top cuz they were amazingly epic but when i put one in my macbook it just spit them out :mad: grrrrrr i think macbooks just dont like them ... so i guess the answer is to just buy ugly silver ones...dats what im going to try

absurdio

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
RI, Chi, and/or NY.
Me too. Fscking irritating. Is there some patch I can get, someone I can complain to, anything I can do? If I take my MBP to an Apple store, are they just going to say "oh, sorry. buy other blank cds."?

Ugh.