burning cd/dvd problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by proverbs, Jun 10, 2007.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

i had my mbp for about 6 months now, and i always had problems with the cd/dvd stuff. for example, when i put in a blank cd/dvd and eject it, it still shows in the desktop. it happens when i load non-blank cd/dvds too, but not as often.

also, when i burn a cd/dvd, i feel like i get an error almost half of the time. if i burn a cd, the music will come out really fuzzy or some tracks dont come out at all. a lot of times it just stops and says there is an error. same with dvds. most of the time, it will write through the whole dvd, but then when its verifying, there will be an error.

does anyone else have this problem? if i take it to apple, will they do anything for me?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

If you take your machine to have it serviced they will fix it for you.

I had a similar problem with my Mac mini and the resolution was to replace the optical drive. Although, in my case it was scratching discs too..

3. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

dang it. i was hoping i wouldnt have to do this, but i guess it is my only option.

the frustrating thing about it, is that i had a similar problem with the powerbook i had previously (i had several issues with my powerbook). everytime i had to bring it in for service it took about 7 days to get it back.

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

My problem was fixed in less than an hour, but I think that's because I took it to a authorized service provider and not an Apple Store. Good luck with your issue.

5. disdat macrumors regular

disdat

I get this error A LOT too.

I thought it was the external DVD burner I was using with my PowerBook. I just purchased a new MBP and tried burning with the built in DVD burner, and first time burn, I got the same error when verifying.

Very frustrating.
    EDIT: I think it is the DVD media. Found this post
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=298299

I have tried all sorts of different media, but perhaps I am still buying the wrong kind.