Burning CD Issue-Not all selected going to the disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wuddog, Sep 26, 2014.

1. wuddog macrumors newbie

So I am extremely frustrated as I try to burn my catastrophic failure backup CDs. I have a ton of photos of my kids that I hope to put on CD. I'm placing 1000 photos on each disc. So I go through the steps to export the photos from iphoto to a folder and I see there are 1000 items in the export photo folder. Then I select all of the export folder and drag the selection to my disc folder. However, when I select all of the disc contents just to see how many items are in there, I get a number less than the 1000 items i was trying to burn to the disc. My disc has plenty of room for all of the 1000 photos, but I cannot get them all to transfer to the disc.
    What am I doing wrong? It's driving me nuts!!
    BTW, I am using a MACBook Pro, 13-inch, Early 2011.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

In my opinion, you would be better protected by getting an external hard drive and then use CarbonCopyCloner to create a bootable backup of your internal drive.

Everything will "be there", including the photos.
    AND -- if you ever have an "I can't boot!" moment, just plug the backup drive in and boot to it.
    You'll be "back up and running" in about 3 minutes.
    And again, everything will be there....

Aside:
    Do you have "another place" (other than home) where you could safely store an external drive?
    In that case, get a SECOND external drive, and create a second backup, and store it "offsite". This protects you against theft and home disasters, as well...

There's nothing complicated about this.
    If I can do it, you can, too.