Burning CD's and DVD's with Tiger..... How to?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Now that I have my shiny new iMac, I would like to know how I can burn DVD's and CD's to use as back up copies of files and information (letters, spread sheets, photos, etc) from my computer. I have the blank CD's and blank DVD's but what program do I use in Tiger to do this? I heard it has a built in burning program to use the SuperDrive with...... Where is it and how do I use it???

Thanks!

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities can do rudimentary disk burning. Toast Titanium is the king of disk burning software on the Mac. I have also used Disco.

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Those are THE two tools any cd/dvd burner wants: Toast Titanium and Disco. I strongly recommend those.

4. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Why are you guys telling the OP to use toast and disco when the built in finder burning is fine enough for regular backups?

5. smurfy macrumors member

When you put a disc in, it will show up in the Finder sidebar. Now just drag the files you want to burn into the disc's sidebar thingy (they will appear on the CD as shortcuts, but this is not what will be burned). Now just click 'Burn CD' (it says something like that anyway).