Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowr19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
I wish to know if there is some program to burn cds as well DVD's for the mac platform like Nero in the PC??

I don't mind if it is freeware or not...

jtrwallace

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
Are you talking about just burning data disks? If that's the case, Finder has burning built in. Just put the disk into the drive and it shows up in Finder. Drag files to it and press burn in the bottom right corner. For music, there is iTunes which can burn audio cds, mp3 cds. If you want to burn .iso or .dmg's to a disk you can use Disk Utility in your utilities folder in your applications folder. I assume that if you create a dvd with idvd you can burn dvds with that. BUT, if you are still inkling for more functionality, there is always Toast Titanium 8 which burns lots of stuff. Alternately, there is an app called Disco that burns stuff and it looks like its smoking or whatever... I think its stupid but I think its free so meh.

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
Are you talking about just burning data disks? If that's the case, Finder has burning built in. Just put the disk into the drive and it shows up in Finder. Drag files to it and press burn in the bottom right corner. For music, there is iTunes which can burn audio cds, mp3 cds. If you want to burn .iso or .dmg's to a disk you can use Disk Utility in your utilities folder in your applications folder. I assume that if you create a dvd with idvd you can burn dvds with that. BUT, if you are still inkling for more functionality, there is always Toast Titanium 8 which burns lots of stuff. Alternately, there is an app called Disco that burns stuff and it looks like its smoking or whatever... I think its stupid but I think its free so meh.
Na you have to pay for Disco. I would also recommend Toast but sadly there no demo's to try it out.

Shadowr19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Thanks for your replies...

I'm looking for a program that do all the stuff, burn movies, data, music just like the Nero in the PC.

(i have recently purchased a macbook and is my first mac so i'm still comparing the app with that of PC's)

I will give a try to toast titanium!!!

kinai-ahi

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2007
San Clemente
Backing up movie DVD's

This may have gone around already, but if I wanted to burn a movie dvd, would the best option be Mactheripper then Toast?? Any other sugestions??

jtrwallace

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
I use MacTheRipper then Popcorn... which is essentially a dumbed down version of Toast. I have Toast too but I got Popcorn first and it's kind of a habit now. Toast is probably your best bet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.