Burning CD's & DVD's

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bigsnowdog, Dec 4, 2010.

1. bigsnowdog macrumors member

My excitement is that my new [refurbished] Mac Pro has been shipped and is on the way; arrival date of 12/8/10.

I am about to guy software. My G4's installation is old enough that nothing qualifies for upgrades.

I have used Roxio Toast to burn CD's. Do I need to buy something again, or will the Pro's operating system or bundled software include features allowing me to do that? ....or do I want something better than what might be included?

Also, is it correct that I need to sort of virus protection?

Thank you.

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

It all depends in what kind of CD's and DVD's you will be burning. For overall use the operating system or applications like iTunes and iMovie/iDVD will fit most needs. I guess you better wait untill you encounter a situation that needs third party software to burn.

3. Queso macrumors G4

It depends on what features you use in Toast. I find a combination of the Finder's built-in Burn Folders and the open-source Burn easily meet my needs.

4. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Burn is very good. I believe it does everything one would ever need to do with CD's and DVD's. Toast, the Titanium version, adds Blu-Ray.

5. you39 macrumors regular

Thumbs up for Burn. It's what OS X should've been.