Burning CDs in iTunes 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by montycat, Jul 8, 2007.

1. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

Hi all, When I burn a CD in iTunes all I get are the track numbers of each song. I'm missing the artists name and the albums name. How can I burn a disc that contains this info? Monty

2. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

You need to be connected to the Internet for it to work:)

3. montycat thread starter macrumors 6502

montycat

Why should I be connected to the internet to burn a CD? Please explain. Thanks.....Monty

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Are you burning an audio disc or an MP3 disc?

5. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I assume you mean in your CD player/ car all you see is the track number. If you want the track name you need to burn the cd as an MP3 cd.

6. johnfmaguire macrumors newbie

Cd

When you insert a recorded CD into your Mac the names only appear when Itunes goes on line to get the names. If you are making a copy of songs from a playlist into a CD for CD players etc, Itunes seems to create the regular format all recorded music CDs are. I seem to remember the song titles are stored somewhere on recorded CDs but not normally accessible, but some people claim the info is stored on disc along with song times etc.

If on the other hand you are burning to MP3 format, the names and artists are included. Only did this a few times but on a friends PC not connected to the Internet the titles came up in 'Windows media Player'

7. galdamez macrumors newbie

It seems like some of the others didn't understand the concern. If I'm correct, when you burn the CDs all you get are track numbers. Right? It's not when you insert a new CD?

I've found that when you burn a playlist that fits onto one Audio CD that it does keepx all the artist/song information in a file called "CD Info.cidb". iTunes does display this information. However, if you burn a playlist that fits onto a several audio CDs, then it does not retain the information for each disc. I've found this to be a nuissance, but that's just the way it is. If you want to keep the artist/song info you have to break the long playlist into separate ones that fit onto one CD each.

Keep in mind that the tracklistings are kept in that file and not on the CD! If you play the burned CD to another computer it won't recognize the info.

8. montycat thread starter macrumors 6502

montycat

You are right on target with my question. These are CDs I created from a playlist. I will try to separate the playlist and see what happens. Thanks all! Monty

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not at home right now, but there might also be a relevant option under iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning.

10. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

you know I've been having this problem for a while too. It wasn't always this way though.

This is what happens, I have my prefs on iTunes to include CD text when burning audio CD. I am connected to the internet. I create a playlist with my choice of music, insert disk... burn. I insert the said CD into my computer a second after burning and I lose all the track info. I am still connected to the internet. I was able to create audio CDs with track names before...

Strange.