burning dmg to disk (MAC)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thebelt24, Aug 7, 2012.

1. thebelt24, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

thebelt24 macrumors newbie

So recently I received a dmg with snow leopard on it, the only problem is when I go to disk utility to burn the dmg to the disk it has the superdrive set as the burn location. Then when I go to 'file' and manually burn it to the disk, It burns the dmg itself. (-----In other words after it finished burning the dmg onto the disk, I reinserted the disk. Only to see that the disk had the snow leopard dmg on it but not the files from the dmg. Because when I mount the dmg from the disk it isn't any different then mounting it from the computer.-----) Does anyone know how I can put the files from the dmg onto the disk, while still being able to activate the snow leopard installer (from the disk)?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You won't get much help on here to try and use a version of SL that you didn't buy.

3. acd30 macrumors newbie

just because its a dmg doesn't mean he downloaded it from the web, in fact I made mine into a dmg because I was afraid I'd lose my disk (I have lost it).

But thebelt if you converted your disk into a dmg all you have to do is open is and select all of the files from the mounted dmg and burn it to the disk, this won't work for illegal downloads (they don't have correctly converted SL dmgs)

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's true, but as he had "just received it", it doesn't sound as if he made it himself.