Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
just to be a little more complete:

with the latest dual G5 powermac's 16x superDrive DL: Yes

any other type of SuperDrive: as stated above: No

with any external DL DVD writer? off course ;-)

any other type of DVD writer: again : No

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
DL Media Really, Really Expensive.

The other day I was at Wal-Mart and I found a 3 pack of Durabrand (or whatever) of Dual-Layer Discs for $30. I think I'll stick with the regular DVD-Rs. ;)

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
I was in the London Apple Store & they didnt have any DL or x16 media. You would have thought that they would have had something for my new G5!

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
You'd think that the MacRumors members would be more informed, you guys forgot to mention that the eMac also has a DL SuperDrive, as does the iMac, and PowerMac.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
nightdweller25 said:
You'd think that the MacRumors members would be more informed, you guys forgot to mention that the eMac also has a DL SuperDrive, as does the iMac, and PowerMac.

sorry my bad, its just that when you look into the apple store the only ones where they really put: DL with the description are the PowerMacs...

and in the end I guess he want's to know if the superdrive in his Powerbook will support DL... and since none of the PowerBooks have this option right now the answer will remain NO for his system... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.