Burning DVD: Error Message from DVD2oneX2 - Plays on MacBook but not on DVD Player

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by blk, Apr 6, 2008.

1. blk macrumors newbie

I downloaded MacTheRipper and successfully ripped my first movie. Next, I downloaded a free trial of DVDoneX2; compressed and burned my first DVD. However, at the end of the burn process, I rec'd an error message (it closed almost automatically) that the burn process completed but experienced an error.

Interestingly, I was able to play the DVD back on my MacBookPro w/out any glitches. However, I tried to view the DVD on the tv-dvd player and it would not work. Any insights? Thoughts?

This is my first time here as well as burning a DVD - please advise kindly :)

blk

2. blk thread starter macrumors newbie

I also had another question. I noticed that when I use MacTheRipper that a disc image is created outside of the folder that was created for the ripped files to be stored.

1) when MTR rips a dvd, does it automatically create an image file outside the folder

2) would i need to compress that image file using DVD2oneX2 and then burning?

last night when I did manage to burn w/ success (meaning it played on both laptop and dvd player-tv), I did not touch the image file.

Thank you for your responses.

blk