Burning DVD error message - <unable to get file path> (-1401)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loosh, Sep 29, 2007.

1. loosh macrumors newbie

I got my Macbook Pro about 6 months ago. Only burnt my first DVD the other day of files off my computer. It worked perfectly, but now it won't burn anymore.

If I try and burn files to a DVD I continually get this error message:
    The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found. (Error code - 1401)

Could not retrieve information for "<unable to get file path>" (-1401)

As it doesn't actually specify what it can't find I have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?

any help would be appreciated :)

2. sickleclowns macrumors newbie

Not sure how much help this may be to you, as Leopard was throwing up a different error message for me...

I have a feeling it may have something to do with one of the files being corrupt. I had the same message coming up when trying to back up a set of mp3s to dvd, although the error message I got was even more cryptic:

"The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found. (Error code -43)
    Could not retrieve file metadata for "<unable to get file path>" (-43)"

(Pjar jarg as you can see)

Because I thought it may have been something to do with write permissions (It didn't), I tried to change the properties for the files in windows xp, which identified two corrupt files. Once I'd deleted these from the Burn Folder it sorted it.