Burning DVD from DVD on hard drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ladyhrvy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ladyhrvy macrumors member

DVD-1 was recorded from TV and want to copy it using Toast. I need instructions --- Help doc not clear. I keep seeing multiples when I drag it into Toast. Thanks.
    Marie

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about Disc Copy with Toast?

[​IMG]

Insert the DVD, go to Disc Copy in Toast, press the Burn (red) button, wait til Toast says you to insert the blank DVD media and then do so.

Or you could rip the DVD using MacTheRipper for example and then make a Video_TS DVD in Toast by selecting Video_TS as a source.

Or you could use Disk Utility: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2059

3. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Every time I insert the disk DVD Player opens it before I can do anything . Even with Toast open, the Player grabs it - same thing when I tried Mac the Ripper. It's like the disk is protected --- but it isn't. Original VHS tape was made off a TV program from which I recorded this disk on my DVD recorder. And it is player ready. Thanks for your help, folks. May have to take the tapes to be done commercially.

Upon trying with Mac the Ripper again it over-rode DVD Player and I was able to do the TS video thing. The copy is a good copy so, thanks to you folks, I can proceed to finish my copying. I am using an external Pioneer drive for copying, BTW and the white MacBook.

Thanks again.
    Marie

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Two programs accessing the same optical disk might cause trouble.

You could quit the DVD Player, or set it to Ignore when Video DVD is inserted in the System Preferences > CDs and DVDs.

Then open MacTheRipper, or Toast, or use Disk Utility.

There's no need for a commercial copying service.

PS: MacTheRipper makes a 1:1 copy, it doesn't re-compress, if that is what you mean by "good copy".