Burning DVD Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i-sidd, May 29, 2008.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I have some videos of some TV shows from my country that I want to burn on a DVD+RW and watch them on my regular DVD player on my TV.

The files ar ein the Mp4 format, can some one tell me how to burn them.
    I have some people coming over at my house in the evening and I want to show them the DVD.

2. 66217 Guest

You can add them to iMovie and then burn them using iDVD.

In iDVD you can select various themes, but if you don't want to use any theme, just convert your video files to .mow and then in iDVD select "OneStep DVD From Movie" in the File menu.

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know what a .mow file is, how do you change it to that.

Also, in iDVD it takes a long time to encode the files in the Mp4 format.

Please if you could elaborate more specifically it would be great.

4. 66217 Guest

.mov is a type of video file. You might try to use iSquint. I haven't iSquint for a long time, but if I remember correctly you could convert the movie file to .mov. If you have Quictime Pro you could also use it for converting.

After converting to .mov, just open iDVD, click "Create new Project" and then in the File menu select "OneStep DVD From Movie". After that select the .mov file and iDVD would do the rest of the process.

If you want to add any effects to the movie, you can import it to iMovie and then go on to add anything you want. After finishing this, you can click "Share eith iDVD" and then burn the movie with iDVD.

Hope this helps:)

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have downloaded isquint. but how do I now change my mp4 files to.mov.

Also, will idvd encode it again. it is taking idvd a lot of time to encode. Will it be faster in idvd if its a .mov file. I don't need any effects. I just want to files to be able to play on my regular dvd player.

thanks

6. 66217 Guest

I tried burning a .mp4 file thru iDVD and I didn't had any problem. So just open iDVD, go to File > OneStep DVD From Movie and then select the .mp4 file and insert a DVD.

Sorry for making you work extra with iSquint.:eek:

Hopefully this should work.:)

7. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

roco thanks for all the help, but I need one last favor anyone please help.

I have a Mac and also a PC. what I have done is, I have downloaded some tv shows from websites and converted them to .mp4 files using isquint. Now I need to convert them to .wmv so that I can transfer the videos using an external drive to my PC and from there I can connect it to xbox 360 and watch them with having to burn dvds.

I tried using Quicktime (I don't have QT pro) and tried to export them as .wmv, it did export as .wmv but instead of a file size of say 100 mb. the new .wmv file size is only 3.5 or 4mb.

what am I doing wrong, how can I get the files to.wmv so that I can watch them on my tv using xbox 360.