Burning DVD-R... keeps telling me to insert disc???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 800Degrees, Jun 12, 2009.

1. 800Degrees macrumors newbie

First time burning on a Mac... getting pissed - should be easier than this. I fumbled around for a while and now have a "Burn Folder" folder on my desktop with 3.7 GB of files I need to burn.

When I open the file, click "Burn", it tells me to "Insert a Blank Disc to Begin" Okay, seems like I'm making progress... until I insert a blank DVD-R (4.7 GB)... nothing. It ignores the disc.

If I insert the DVD-R separate from the burn folder, I get a window asking me what I want to do, e.g. "Open Disc Utility, etc." none of which seem to be remotely related to burning a DVD... I thought these things were supposed be intuitive.... grrr....

I can't believe I've been I'm spending this much time burning a #$*%ing disc!

Thanks... sorry for the frustration... this is not supposed to be difficult.

2. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Just a long shot here: you have actually got a SUPERDRIVE in your Mac (and not just a COMBO drive)??

If you have, sorry!

3. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

Yes they do. You can burn an image file to a DVD through Disc Utility, you can burn music through iTunes, etc. Click "Open in Finder", since apparently you'd like to do this through the finder (creating a burn folder and burning from there). :)