Burning DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sn8491, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sn8491 macrumors newbie

I downoaded an movie in a avi file, finally got it to play using DivX but it has no sound. Any suggestions to fix that or any easier way to to download/covert movies to burn to a DVD. Also, I haven't actually burned a DVD so an tips there would help. Thanks!!!:)

2. littlevish macrumors member

Have you tried playing the file in Quicktime?

As for DVD's, iDVD is very intuitive. I don't think you will have much trouble with it. It's basically--

1) Pick a menu
    2) Drag your movie file
    3) Click burn

Of course you can tweak other things in the menu if you like :)

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Google Perian. That might help you with Divx playback. Once you get the movie play properly in QuickTime, You can use iDVD to convert it into a DVD movie to play on regular DVD players.

4. sn8491 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for yalls help, I am going to try the 2nd one. I tried to play it in Quicktime but is says "the file has reached the end" or something like that. I also tried playing around with iDVD, didn't get anywhere with that. Thanks again!

5. sn8491 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for yalls help, I am going to try the 2nd one. I tried to play it in Quicktime but is says "the file has reached the end" or something like that. I also tried playing around with iDVD, didn't get anywhere with that. Thanks again!