Burning DVD

sn8491

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
I downoaded an movie in a avi file, finally got it to play using DivX but it has no sound. Any suggestions to fix that or any easier way to to download/covert movies to burn to a DVD. Also, I haven't actually burned a DVD so an tips there would help. Thanks!!!:)

littlevish

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
Have you tried playing the file in Quicktime?

As for DVD's, iDVD is very intuitive. I don't think you will have much trouble with it. It's basically--

1) Pick a menu
2) Drag your movie file
3) Click burn

Of course you can tweak other things in the menu if you like :)

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Google Perian. That might help you with Divx playback. Once you get the movie play properly in QuickTime, You can use iDVD to convert it into a DVD movie to play on regular DVD players.

sn8491

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for yalls help, I am going to try the 2nd one. I tried to play it in Quicktime but is says "the file has reached the end" or something like that. I also tried playing around with iDVD, didn't get anywhere with that. Thanks again!

sn8491

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for yalls help, I am going to try the 2nd one. I tried to play it in Quicktime but is says "the file has reached the end" or something like that. I also tried playing around with iDVD, didn't get anywhere with that. Thanks again!