Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audiored

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Des Moines, IA
My problem is this... When I burn DVDs on my Macbook, the resulting DVD is excessively jittery when I play it back on my DVD player. It is espescially annoying when there are long panning camera shots.

I understand that this is a tendency when switching from 25fps to 30fps. But this seems far worse than it should be and what i've ever experienced before. Of course i'm new to Macs from PCs.

I'm burning DVDs using Roxio Toast 8 on a Macbook 2ghz c2d 1gb ram.

I've tried to make sure all my settings were optimized. I close all other programs to make sure all the systems resources are dedicated to the encoding etc.

Just wondering if there is something I can do to improve the quality of my DVDs and get rid of some of that jitteriness.

thanks in advance.

John Dillinger

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2007
Really? I have same spec macbook and use Toast 8 and get great results all the time. It depends on what youre encoding to dvd.. I use Visualhub for all my conversions before burning to disc with Toast, cant recommend it enough it makes perfect conversions.With good source material Toast works fine:apple:

audiored

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Des Moines, IA
Really? I have same spec macbook and use Toast 8 and get great results all the time. It depends on what youre encoding to dvd.. I use Visualhub for all my conversions before burning to disc with Toast, cant recommend it enough it makes perfect conversions.With good source material Toast works fine:apple:

I'm encoding divx files to dvd. Shouldn't Toast be suffcient for that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.