Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
When i tried to burn a dvd using finder the custom folder icons i had on the original folder are dissapeared when i opened the dvd i just burned. Is there a way of maintaining the folder custom icons i can place? Perhaps using toast?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im talking about folder icons, custom ones that i have copyed pasted on folders in the info pallete. I dont know what format it is, i burn dvds via the finder app OSX has! I havent tried to burn them with Toast!

Question is how can i maintain the custom icons i have pasted to the folders i want to burn!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I cannot ever remember burning a DVD using Finder, but on a Mac Only DVD I burned using Toast the only folder icon I know I changed was preserved on the DVD. Don't know if they will be maintained using the Mac & PC format or ISO 9660. And I guess Finder uses one of those settings, but that's just guessing.

Edit: I guessed right... ;)

Apple Support said:
By default, Mac OS X burns CD discs in a format that can also be used on non-Macintosh computers.
Link

Maybe that format doesn't support folder icons...? Or maybe it's just another crappy thing about Finder burning.

Use Toast! :)

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
and toast keeps the folder icons?
at what burning setting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.