Burning .m4v to blank CD - URGENT! NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MetalGearTW, May 16, 2013.

1. MetalGearTW macrumors member

MetalGearTW

I have a project due tomorrow and I already finished it in Final Cut Pro X.

However when I try to "share" to a BLANK CD-RW, it keeps telling me it doesn't work!

I am using a 2012 Mac Mini, I have an Apple USB Superdrive and 5 blank CDRW.

Can anyone help me burn a 2 minute video onto the Blank CD-RW?

It's due tomorrow and I already tried googling my problem before making a topic. There are SO many different responses based on different Operating Systems, different versions of Final Cut Pro... etc. It's giving me a headache.

Tried programs like Aimersoft DVD burner.. it keeps getting stuck at 50% so that doesn't work either. Couldn't find iDVD on the Mac App Store so that wasn't an option. The option in iMovie is blanked out when I tried to burn it through iMovie.... Any other option? Or am I SOL?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Export your Project from iMovie/Final Cut as a movie(so that you end up with a movie file in Finder). You'll then be able to burn that to a CD as long as it's less than 700/800mb.

3. simsaladimbamba

Do you want to create a Video DVD/CD to be playable by a video DVD player or does the file suffice?
    If it is the latter, maybe try a BURN FOLDER with just the exported M4V or MP4 file.

4. MetalGearTW thread starter macrumors member

MetalGearTW