Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nerdynerdynerdy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My car hi-fi can play MP3 CDs, and show track names. I believe there is a standard MP3 CD file and folder structure that, if present, will show me the albums and artist names too.

Most of my library is in AAC format. I've worked out that changing my import settings to MP3 and burning an MP3 CD will give me a playlist of tracks. This, however, creates MP3 duplicates of songs. I do realise I could just delete them, but it's a bit tedious.

Is there an easy way of selecting a bunch of albums, and to create an MP3 CD with the folders etc in place so I see the album and artist names on my hi fi?

Maybe an app?

Thankss

nnn

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
As far as I know there is no easier way to do it in iTunes. Last time I did this I created the duplicates and erased them afterwards.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Easiest solution is to make a new playlist, convert the songs there to MP3, and burn it.
However Toast probably has some turn-key solution for this.

nerdynerdynerdy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks guys,

For a playlist it's not too onerous, but making folders sorted by artist and albums etc does seem like a complex process.

I might have a look into what Toast offers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.