Burning MP3s/Music to CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

As far as MP3 tracks burning to CD, I thought it was just highlighting the tracks and right click burn to CD? Fine to playback on computers, but put in the car stereo and it came up 'CD ROM', what went wrong, and shouldn't it just be that easy, or do you have to burn in iTunes. Don't want 3rd party burning apps because it won't get any more difficult than just dragging MP3 to CD same as WinMediaPlayer, which did used to play on any CD audio devices.

Thanks

2. thingfishs macrumors newbie

I think the right click - burn to disc option will burn them in their present state (i.e mp3). If your car cd player doesn't read mp3 discs then it won't work. You will need to use another program (itunes is perfect), and when you burn it, it will give you the option to burn it as an audio cd (which will convert the files from mp3 as part of the burning process, to a format your cd player will understand). Hope that helps

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

In iTunes

• Create a new playlist
    • Go to iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > uncheck 'Import to iTunes media folder'
    • Drag your files in to the new playlist
    • Right click on the playlist > Burn > Audio CD (it's checked by default) > Burn

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys, when I do put a CD in it just automatically imports to iTunes which I don't always want, but hoping that will work around it