Burning Multiple Disks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aperture, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I was helping someone setup their new Mac and I came across something that I honestly feel is easier on Windows. There has to be a better way to do this..

What I wanted to do was burn a disk of photos from iPhoto. All I did was I inserted a blank CD and dragged the events I wanted to burn over from iPhoto. I want to have the Mac automatically span content across multiple disks and prompt me to insert another when needed. Instead, I tried burning all the events I had placed in a burn folder and it told me I had overflow... Then I had to start a second burn folder and balance the data between the two until there was no overflow. Surely there is an easier way?

Thanks

2. miltiadis macrumors newbie

I think the best way to do this is roxio's toast titanium current version 8.0.3. Downoload a trial version from :
    http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Toast-Titanium.shtml

Just select data, select "cd" from the media selector on the right corner and drag and drop the whole folder of photos. Toast will break them down and will inform you for the number of disks required. The catch: you need to install toast to the computer that will respawn the disks back to a single folder!:eek:

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

hmm. Does anyone know if the application "Burn" can automatically sort bulk data onto multiple disks? I don't need it to be able to recompile them all in the end (like I think Toast can?), just automatically distribute the data to the correct # of disks needed.

All I want to do is be able to drag an album or two from iPhoto straight to an application and hit burn... then have it prompt me to put in disk 2, disk 3, etc.

One other question, how can I burn multiple albums/events from iPhoto? When I tried dragging two events into a burn folder (before I discovered the other problems about multiple disks) I realized I couldn't drag more than one event due to conflicting file names. (DSC_001, etc)

Edit: If you just go (from iPhoto) Share > Burn, will it prompt you for another disk if the album is too large? Is this burned disk Windows compatible?