Burning Multiple Movies To DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hutchy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hutchy macrumors member

Hi, after a long search I am still unable to find an application that enables you to fit more than one full length movie onto a DVD.

I have Toast 11 but that seems to just add the full size files onto one another.

Is there a program where you can add, say, four movies to be burned onto a single DVD?

Thanks for your help, Paul.

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Depending on the size of each movie would factor how many can fit on a DVD(-R, +R, -RW, +RW).

I use RipIt or MakeMKV (if Blu-Ray) to get the disc on my hard drive.
    Then I open Handbrake and convert it down to an .mp4 (also takes a blu-ray from 40-50gb to 5-7gb. A regular dvd will go from 7gb to 1-2gb or less).
    From their
    Put those movies on a blank disc and burn using Mac's burning utility.

Hope this helps

3. Hutchy thread starter macrumors member

but it would only be data, no? Would it work in a regular DVD player?

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Handbrake converts to X.264 and that's not a typical DVD player codec (format).

Many modern Blu-Ray players can playback H.264 (X.264) natively and all you have to do is put the .mp4 files on a disk or USB Flash drive.

5. Hutchy thread starter macrumors member

hmm i just remember (from a long time ago..) that on windows there was a burning program (Nero i think) that you just dragged what you wanted on there and it encoded it to fit onto one DVD.

6. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Nero was it. Now there is simpler ways depending on how you look at it. I put all my movies on a hard drive and just plug that into my TV and I'm good to go so disc's I never need to buy or have to use.