Burning Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Hello and good day to you all. :)

Ok a have a few questions, now I've had nothing much to do with burning CD/DVDs at all. I own a 24" iMac. All the normal specs that come with the 24".

First Question: Am I able to burn DVD's on my mac? Im gathering the answer is yes. If yes, whats the best FREE program to use? Will this burn DVD's and CD's (Music) Answered.

Second Question: My folks want to do the bad thing and burn Blu-Ray DVDs now iMacs can't burn Blu-Ray DVDs?

Third Question: *to do with second question* If I can't burn Blu-Ray DVDs am I able to by a burner that will work with the iMac? One the doesnt need me to hack apart the back of it...

Forth Question: If so to the Blu-Ray burner can someone give me a site or cost, and somewhere is Australia I could get it.

2. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

I just got a Macbook Pro last week and downloaded Burn last night. Work's fine, and it's free.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

1) Yes, all Macs (except the MacBook air and the Mac Mini server) has a superdrive which is capable of burning DVDs. As the above poster mentioned, Burn is a nice free app that can be used for this.

2) The disc drive only supports CDs and DVDs, not Bluray Discs unfortunately.

3/4) You should be able to buy an external USB Bluray Disc Drive. I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, so someone else should be able to clarify this.

4. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

Mac OS comes with a free burner built in if you want to burn data files from your folders. In the Finder menu go to File and then burn. It's a very basic burning tool but it works, it's free, and it's already installed. For music iTunes will burn audio CDs and it's also free and already installed.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Good choice of topic name! At first I thought, oh not another one of those "I have a question" or "does anyone know what this is" or "HELP! - URGENT!!!!" thread titles. I usually ignore them. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I had to find out if it was about burning CDs. Reminds me of the time I was having a tussle with Chooser. My title was Picky Chooser. :D

I see that I'm too late. The fire is already out. ;)