Burning Quicktime HD videos to a DVD using iMovie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neoelectronaut, Jul 3, 2007.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Basically, I work for a CompUSA and I offered to burn a DVD with a bunch of movie trailers, back to back to back, for display on a few of the TVs at the rear of the store.

So, I come asking for advice. First of all, what's the best way to download the trailers from Apple's site without having to pay for Quicktime Pro?

Secondly, how should I set these up in iMovie while retaining as much quality as possible. (Yes, I know they'll all be downgraded from 1080p to 480p for a DVD)

Thanks for the assistance.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

okidoki i dont think you are able to download those trailers without having quicktime pro. not entirely sure tho cauz i have QTP. if the movies come up in activity monitor you might be able to double click it and open up in another window, wait until it loads, and then "save As" but i think apple took that cheat way out.

while viewing the movie to the right bottom hand corner can u click there and see if it has "save as source" (might only be QTP)----see attached image

firefox could be another way, go to Tools>Page Info>Media (Tab), find the movie then hit save as. if that doesnt work im afraid im not sure of any apps that can do this for you...

as for the burning part, i would import them into imovie, then export the movie directly into idvd. Share>idvd. this will allow the full quality to be maintained and u dont have to fiddle with export formats and stuff.

hope it helps

Attached Files:

3. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

How can I drop all the clips into iDVD without creating a menu? I want this thing to autoplay.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

SIMPLE!!!!! (almost)
    1.View>Show map
    2. drag your movie to the spot "drag content here to auto............inserted"
    youre done!

only problem is that once the movie has finished it will go to the menu. so in imovie all i did was copy and paste the movies about 10times, thus kindof making it seem like it loops. i made a very simple dvd menu that when it went to that all u had to do wat hit the play button and it went on its merry way again.

5. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

How can I drop more than one clip in without it overwriting the one before it?

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

into the autoplay section??? you will have to get the whole movie from imovie and chuck it in.. the easiest way to do that is to make the movie in imovie..
    go to the finder,
    naviagate to the saved location movie..
    right click(ctrl click) "show package contents"
    open the folder "shared movies" then
    open the folder "iDVD"
    drag that movie into the auto play section in iDVD.