Burning to any region

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ferrarofilms, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ferrarofilms macrumors member

I've been burning for years my own produced DVDs for sale in Windows, doing so for any region, whether in NTSC or PAL. (Pioneer' s external DVD burners)
    Now on Mac I got the problem with Mac that it asks for one region the first time you try to burn. OK, for the internal burner it's fine since I use it for personal stuff but for my two external burners I can't do so because I have to ship my products to every part of the world.
    Is there a way to burn to all regions or do I have to burn in the Windows partition (a headache, by the way with WMWare)?
    Thanks

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. ferrarofilms thread starter macrumors member

Great if I could

It does not let me choose but 1,2,3,4,5,6.
    I do not know if it's a Leopard thing or Toast 9.0

4. TOOBUKU macrumors newbie

All In One Burner...if Such A Thing

FERRAROFILMS,

Hi i am new here to mac rumors site and have read some of your threads
    and thought with your knowledge you can help me ?
    My son is in the service and has written me that he would like that i send titles to him my question to you which external burner to buy ? is there a all in one
    that burns dvd, cd at a good quality he will view from 15'' mac book pro we will
    make from either G4 desk, 17'' macbook pro laptop
    any info would help greatly thanks
    Toobuku :apple:

5. mutantteenager macrumors 6502

Your DVD authoring software should allow you you to either set the region you need or Region 0, as blue velvet said, for the whole world.

If you're using Toast, try the roxio forum here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/175-toast-9/

I'm very sure Toast allows you to go region free.